(Green ravioli stuffed with vegetables and tomato sauce)
400 gr flour
300 gr cooked spinach
To cook spinach:
- Cook and cover with a minimal amount of water under medium heat for about two minutes.
- Drain, rinse with fresh cold water to stop the heat. Squeeze out water to avoid extra moisture and having pasta fall apart later. Purée.
To make pasta:
- Make a well with the flour, break the eggs into the center. Add the puréed spinach to the eggs and blend with fork.
- Then beat egg mixture while slowly incorporating flour. Knead dough to obtain a consistent green color and homogeneous texture.
- Wrap/cover dough and let it rest.
- After rest, cover with semolina or flour. Little by litte, roll out through the pasta machine.
2 leeks fresh basil leaves
2 zucchini 100 gr grated parmesan cheese
1 carrot extra virgin olive oil
1 celery stalk salt & pepper to taste
- Finely chop vegetables and lightly sauté until a little crispy and transparent with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add finely chopped basil leaves and a spoonful of grated parmesan cheese.
- Place small amount of filling on top of pasta sheets.
- Cover with another past sheet, seal edges around filling with water and press out the air. Cut edges.
1 eggplant 2 minced garlic cloves
500 gr fresh tomatoes salt to taste
extra virgin olive oil grated parmesan cheese
fresh basil leaves
- Blanch fresh tomatoes, peeling and deseeding. (Or use chopped chunks of tomatoes with canned tomato sauce.)
- Purée the tomato pulp with a vegetable mill and add already-sautéed garlic cloves.
- Add salt to taste and cook for only 15-20 minutes. Add fresh basil leaves before serving.
Boil the ravioli in salted water; drain and serve with sauce.