Monday, March 14, 2011

Firenze Classroom Settings.

Hey lovers.

For photography class, we went to the Bardnini Gardens (also connected to the Boboli Gardens and some other garden that I'll get to within the last couple of weeks here).




I hate how much saturation I lose uploading photos through Blogger.



We took a whole roll (VERY difficult for me with film because I'm just naturally stingy).


And then the next day, with Tomasso! <3 style="font-weight: bold;">Lasagnetta alle Melanzane, Quartirolo e Basilico.



Water pitchers

Contemporary lasagna. It's contemporary in the way that this is a totally different utilization of the lasagna format. Rather than being flat and layered with cooked tomato sauce, this is rolled up with vegetables like taquitos and placed on fresh tomato sauce (uncooked, but pureéd and saturated with extra virgin olive oil).


It was delicious, light, and beautifully colorful.

Recipe to follow soon, when I'm not supposed to be studying for midterms.

But as a parenthesis... I found this while randomly googling. I googled my street name here and found a photo of some delicious-looking ravioli. The ravioli is served in Quatro Leoni, a restaurant that is 8 steps to the left from my front door. It's a pear ravioli. That's all I needed to hear. But I kept researching to find that this restaurant used to be a brothel? Uhmmm cool? No sarcasm, seriously.

via behindtheburner

"Quatro Leoni's pear ravioli, or Fiocchetti di Pera in Salsa di Taleggio e Asparagi, as read on the menu, is truly out of this world (or just out of the United States). The delicious Italian taleggio cheese gives off a rich flavor with a fruity component that balances perfectly with the pear pasta. Topped with seasoned asparagus and loaded with fresh grated Parmesan, each bite of the ravioli bursts with pear sweetness and creamy cheese. The dish is yet another reminder of why Italy exceeds in the culinary world."

Danke-beaucoup.

+Love+

No comments:

Post a Comment